How evaporator coils work and its general problem and solution.
How Do Evaporator Coils Work?
The air conditioning or refrigeration systems goes through the refrigerant cycles,during this cycle, refrigerant is chilled and sent to the evaporator coil whereit transitions from liquid to gas. After, the fan motor is prompted to power onand begins to disperse cool air. During the process, the evaporator coils workto absorb any heat as it passes through air conditioning or refrigerationsystem. This means evaporator coils play a large role in the system.
Common Evaporator Coil Problems
Evaporator coils play a big role in how efficient your air conditioning& refrigeration system is. That means, if the evaporator coils arefunctioning improperly, your AC or refrigeration won’t operate as efficientlyas possible. Evaporator coils typically encounter these two problems, which should be addressed right away to ensure your system is efficiently functioning.
Ice Buildup: Evaporatorcoils can freeze over and cause your AC or refrigeration to inefficientlyoperate. Ice will typically form on the evaporator coils if the refrigerantlevels are low or if there is something impeding the flow of air.
Debris: Overtime, dirt, dust and other miscellaneous debris will build up on the evaporatorcoils, preventing your AC from functioning as efficiently as it could.
How to Clean Evaporator Coils
One of the easiest ways to keep evaporator coilsfunctioning efficiently is to keep them clean.
Fortunately, cleaning evaporator coils is relatively easy and can be done inthese five steps:
1. Turn your air conditioning or refrigeration system off.
2. Locate the panel the evaporator coil is in.
3. Prepare a solution of warm water mixed with cleaning detergent and place ina spray bottle for easy use.
4. Spray the solution on the coils and let sit for at least five minutes.
5. Gently wipe away debris with a soft cloth.
- Rm1903-B, Keda Touzi Bldg, No.555,Xincheng Rd, Binjiang,Hangzhou, China